- Big Summer Blowout party at Nana's with two bounce houses and a splash park!!
- Swimming lessons
- A trip to the park followed by yummy donuts with Papa Tom
- Making ice cream in a ball at Nana's house
- Watching Uncle Bud and Uncle Luke play their softball games
- Going to see Dayton Dragons baseball games, twice!
- Visiting Papaw and having lunch with Granny
- Camping with Gramps, Grandma Heather, and all of the uncles and most of the cousins!!
- Paddle boats and kayaks while camping
- Campfires, lightning bugs, glow sticks, potato sack races
- Adventure Reef Water Park!
- Watching The Lego Movie on the side of Memaw and Papaw's house!
- Cookout at Grandma Sonia's and fireworks on the Fourth of July
It has all been so much fun! Once we returned home from Ohio, the rounds of summer camp began with Adisson spending a week at Camp Durant and Zander taking his Dad for a few days of Cub Scout camping at Camp Durant. But the fun isn't over.
Honestly, as a homeschool family, the fun continues long after the summer officially ends. Visits to museums, trips to the beach, off-season vacations, weekday trail hikes, whatever we want to do is available to us when it works best for us. In fact, after a trip to the Science Center nearby during the summer, the boys asked if we could return after "all of the kids go back to school." Exhibits are more fun when they aren't crowded and hands-on learning is a little more accessible when other kids know how to share.
These last few weeks of summer still hold plenty of excitement. I can't wait to tell you all about it.